DIY Wedding Projects
Weddings are supposed to be fun, special, and definitely not stressful. I’ve heard countless stories about people stressing over their wedding budget, but I’m happy to share some great ideas for some DIY wedding ideas. Whether you’re having your wedding @ the Ritz, or just at your favorite gallery spot, every wedding can be spruced up with beautiful decorations.
For my wedding, I handmade all of my menus, table numbers, and place cards. I know Michaels and other craft stores offer ready made pieces, but why not spend a little more time not money and make your wedding really stand out. I purchased all of my supplies from Paper Source, and they have a wide assortment of colors, pre-cut papers, hundreds of stamps, dozens of embossing powers, and high quality papers to choose from.
DIY Table Menus
Supplies You’ll Need:
– Paper Source Pre-Folded Tent (comes in pkgs of 12)
– Paper Source 8×11 pearly paper (comes in pkgs of 12)
– Rubber Stamp & Ink Pad (any craft store)
– Embosser Heat Tool (Paper Source)
– Glittery, Clear, or Matte Embossing Powder (Paper Source)
– Inkjet or Laser Printer (any)
– Glue (double stick tape doesn’t work well)
1. Layout menu and print on high quality 8×11 paper (i used a pearly/shimmery ivory)
2. Measure the space on your table tent, and mount the menu (w/glue) with a colored sheet of paper.
3. Assemble all the pieces together and glue them done.
4. Wait until everything is completely dry, then use your favorite stamp to embellish your menu.
5. Use ink pad, stamp, sprinkle embossing power, then use embossing heat tool to set your design.
6. Voila! You have a gorgeous table menu, to display your delectable fare for the afternoon/evening. We did 1 per table, since we had 25 tables total.
This entry was posted on January 20, 2010 by happy217. It was filed under Cutesy Stuff, Home and Living and was tagged with brides magazine, diy menus, diy wedding, diy wedding crafts, diy wedding projects, paper source wedding, the knot, wedding budget, wedding ideas, weddings on a budget.