We’re only 1 wk from Christmas, and I’m so excited to see JP open his gifts. Of course, I never forget to pick out special things for my family and friends too. This year, I decided to put a more personal touch to my gift giving, by making gift baskets and lil stocking stuffers for my friends. I also made Fuego a mini stocking too! We plan to fill it up to the brim with treats, and let him enjoy it while we’re opening our gifts.
This gift basket was the perfect gift for my neighbor Trisha. It was full of healthy snacks from Trader Joes, a perfume fragrance from Aveda, and White Truffle oil from O & Co. (most favorite ingredient in my kitchen).
These mini bags and decal transfers are from JoAnns, and the cute tissue is from Border’s. Sorry, can’t tell you what’s inside!
Happy Holidays and don’t stress out about gift giving. You don’t have to give, to show that you care.
It’s time to treat yourself with some beauty products this holiday season. I looked in my arsenal of beauty products to find the “best of the best” just for you. I know some people are low on cash this year, so I’ve compiled a list of 15 products under $30. All of the products I’ve listed below, have definitely met or exceeded my expectations. So save your Starbucks fund and splurge on some little luxuries for yourself.
Having “asian eyes” makes it difficult to shop for just any eye shadow or eye liner, so here are some fabulous items that I’d like to share with you. I’ve wasted my money buying stuff on those “best seller” lists from magazines and especially beauty websites. Everyone is different, so you just have to try it out for yourself.
And, don’t get suckered into buying everything from the same brand, because it’s highly unlikely they make the best of skin care, makeup, and body care products.
– L’Occitane 100% pure shea butter (L’Occitane Boutiques or Sephora)
– Opi nail polish (Beauty Supply Stores)
– Essie nail polish (Beauty Supply Stores)
– Bigalows Mentha lip shine (Bath and Body Works)
– Duo Waterproof eye lash glue (Beauty Supply Stores)
– Shu Uemura lashes (Sephora)
– Shu Uemura eye lash curler (Sephora)
– Tweezerman mini slant tweezers (Sephora or Beauty Supply Store)
– Mac lipstick (MAC Boutique or Nordstroms)
– Viva La Juicy mini perfume roller (Juicy Couture Boutiques)
– Chanel Exceptionnele Intense volume mascara (Nordstroms or Macys)
– Shu Uemura beauty cleansing oil (Shu Uemura Boutique)
– Mac Mineralize skin finish powder (MAC Boutique or Nordstroms)
– Dior waterproof eyeliner (Sephora)
– Dior single eye shadow (Sephora; if you can splurge, get the 5 color eye shadow compact for a “complete” look)
If you plan on doing some holiday shopping at Barnes & Noble, here’s an online coupon for 10% off one item. For details on rules and restrictions, please visit http://www.bn.com
ONLINE COUPON CODE: D9E4E3T (enter at checkout)
Over the weekend, I had to chance to try the macarons from Jin Patisserie. These tiny sandwich-like pastries are full with flavor and texture. They had some traditional flavors, as well as some exclusive ones.
I chose the 8 piece macaron box, which included a random assortment of the following flavors:
Strawberry, Chocolate, Mint, Ume, Caramel, Pistachio, Tea, Red Plum, Vanilla, and Cinnamon.
If you’re not a big fan of desserts, Jin Patisserie also offers salads, sandwiches, and a wide range of exotic teas from France (The O dor). The location is very discreet and can be a little difficult to find. It’s on Abbot Kinney, across the street from 3 Square Cafe.
There are also many other beautiful confectionaries like green tea cake, cookies, and chocolate. Let me tell you, their assortment of chocolates put Godiva to shame! If you’re not able to make it out to Jin’s, make sure to go on their website. They also have an online shop for your convenience. This would be a really special and thoughtful treat, to give as a Christmas gift for your family, friends, and co-workers.
Once you’ve tried their macarons, you’re guaranteed to fall in love with this place!
1202 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291
I’ve been extra nice this year, so please bring me all these goodies. By the way, I’m graduating too…does that win me extra goody points?
1. Polaroid PoGo printer 411 on Polaroid
2. The Torch Flashlight Gizmondo
3. Christian Louboutin Shoes CL
4. A trip back to Vegas Palazzo/Venetian
5. Peach John shopping spree
6. Ichigo Daifuku (strawberry mochi)
7. Hello Kitty Vinyl Toys
8. Hamburger Phone